The Kent NQT Induction Team successfully supports over 800 NQTs a year through the statutory Induction period. They have substantial experience in the specialised area of induction and always maintain the highest degree of professional standards.
The team offer a friendly and personalised service and will ensure the NQT Tutor/Mentor is able to fulfil the statutory requirements for the successful completion of the induction programme. In addition to this they will do the following:
• Provide a wealth of documents and proformas - to support both the NQT and Tutor/Mentor throughout the induction period.
• Offer confidential support and advice over email and phone - to ensure the NQT is being supported and monitored sufficiently and to discuss any concerns the NQT or Tutor/Mentor may have about the induction period.
• Send out a termly newsletter to NQTs – to ensure all parties are kept up to date with induction activities that are relevant for that particular term.
The team also offer a number of training events for NQTs. The Primary programme which consists of 6 half day sessions over the academic year covers key elements to support NQTs in their first year of teaching and will address topics such as:
• working with parents,
• working with Teaching Assistants,
• behaviour management, and
• the statutory induction requirements.
The programme also provides an excellent opportunity to meet with other NQTs in the district and to share induction experiences.
For Secondary NQTs they hold a number of twilight welcome events over the county and the aim of these is to:
• meet the Kent NQT Induction Team
• learn about the statutory requirements for induction and what is expected of NQT’s throughout the induction period
• view key resources and documents to support the induction process in school
• give NQTs the opportunity to network with other NQTs in their district
If you would like to discuss the service and the support on offer throughout the induction period, please contact the NQT Induction Team on 03000 421149 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright Kent County Council 2017
Developed by Evolution